Tuesday, May 1, 2012

summary of albert einstein (a lame attempt) [HD]

So it's Labor Day today, so it's practically a day for people to work and for mothers to give birth. Not exactly. To me, it's a day to get laid back and just be the happy-go-lucky guy that I never was. lol.

In my search for something worthwhile to do, I said, hey why not catch up on my reading and learn some new stuff. Its been a while since I've really fed my mind with some academic stuff. Mind boggling jargon that make people sound smart.

 Of all the topics out there, I chose Physics and Albert Einstein just for fun. Why? Because it's the high school subject I never really loved but my teacher was really patient and kind and considerate so I got a passing grade. And aside from Albert's fashionable bushy white hair, I never really knew a lot about him and his theories. Really.

Reading Einstein material was supposed to be fun, except the part when terminologies came up which can barely be deciphered, stuff like (with my own definitions in blue):

Space-time continuum - It's the theory they're using to build a time machine.

Theory of relativity - I think what he's saying in this text is relevant to each other. I mean, somehow, they're all connected.

E=MC2  = A code phrase for dropping nuke bombs. 


So I think we can all sum up Einstein's views in these statements and definitions. That's great, we all learned something today! (although I'm not sure if physics professors would agree, lol)

On a serious note, I found a quote which is really interesting. On his 70th birthday, Einstein said the following words:


"Now you think that I am looking back at my life's work with calm satisfaction. But, on closer look, it is quite different. There is not a single concept of which I am convinced that it will stand firm and I am not sure if I was on the right track after all:"

So you see, all the work he did for his entire life, he eventually questioned them. he was never really sure if he was correct, or he was never really convinced if what he did was truly meaningful.

Proof that no matter how smart you are and no matter how much you know, there is no guarantee of satisfaction or happiness.

I just wished he found God, and knew him.


Oh, well, let's leave the physics stuff to the physicists. :) I'm officially retired as a physicist now, after two hours. lol


No comments: