Monday, January 3, 2011

new year's eve / overflowing food / beef or sugar?

Please don't ask for videos. I'll post them later. (Or I might, depends on the mood).

So........

I made it to 2011!! As I played Kenny G's version of Auld Lang Syne on my iPod minutes before 12 midnight of Jan 1, I felt like having a toast (soda only) with my brothers and cousins for such a wonderful year that has passed. I mean, lots of people didn't even make it! So thank God we're here.

Food was, well..."overflowing" was an understatement. Up to the last minute of 2010 I was hoping that I could at least lose a few inches off my bulging tummy...but to no avail. Why did they ever invent New Year celebrations?? It's just a way for people like us to fall for all the yummy recipes being offered. :)

Kidding aside, I had an awesome N.Y. celebration. What better company to have than family, right? And besides, I have no choice. They have no choice too, they're stuck with me...so hey we might as well celebrate together and drown in food. :)


Just before midnight we found time to kneel and pray and just thank God for all His goodness.

Gifts were cool. I got a new towel, new socks, and a piece of yellowish paper with Ninoy's face printed on it. :) (they said I could use that paper to buy things from the store. What are stores???)

Traditionally, we celebrate New Year's eve with lots of family members, in-laws and relatives. But this year, it wasn't possible, so here are the only people present:

We decided not to participate in any "firecracking" or fireworking..but we did make noise by the sound of the DRUMS...lol. I'll try to post videos of that. I also took video clips of fireworks from our neighbors.

AFTERMATH: Today, January 3, 2011...I woke up at 6 pm and couldn't stand up. My thighs are numb, my muscles are weak, and I couldn't move! I thought I was going to go lame (which is a lame theory)......thank God I'm ok now. They say it's because of too much sugar I took the past few days (soda, chocolates, fruitcake, rice, pasta, etc......). Others say I had too much BEEF (bulalo, beef steak, meatballs).

So which one is the culprit? Beef or Sugar? Post comments. :)

3 comments:

Dave Cutar said...

The only other culprit is of course, food! I had to sleep for 12 hours straight from 1 AM last night. My body was that tired!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The new year eve's thousand vagancies for fun, excitement and fullness (for the tummies)was an unprecedented moment.. that' fine, even with the "culprit of all time" (if taken more than enough).. 'I am' blessed this 2011.