Friday, January 7, 2011

Why the Bible and my iPod go great together.....

Most people today equate the Bible with religion, rules, and worse yet, superstition. (To us apostolics, it's a different story). On the other hand, people associate iPods with pop music, technological advancement, keeping up with trends...

In my opinion, the two can be used together for worthwhile personal purposes...if you know how.


For example, just recently I downloaded the audio version of the King James Version of the Bible on my Apple device. Thank God for modern technology (well, it's not exactly a new technology, but I'm just happy about it). Now I can listen to the Scriptures everywhere I go, and "encode" the Words of Truth in my heart and mind on a much greater scale.

By listening, I am able to see a new perspective of the Bible that I've never had before. For example, in the book of Proverbs, I usually just read on and on for a long time, and have trouble grasping the meaning of each verse when I start feeling sleepy. But when I began listening to the audio (thanks Steve Jobs!), the book of Proverbs is clearer to me now. :)

By the way, you can use the "Audiobooks" feature of iTunes to start syncing Bible files in your device. If you want to know how to do this and where to get te files, let me know at 09162275715. You can do this at absolutely no cost.
"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God". (Romans 10:17)

But of course, I still believe in reading the Bible! If you already do read yours, keep it up! But if you could add AUDIO to your spiritual menu, that would be better.

So let me ask you, what's in your iPod? :)

Don't lose the opportunity. Put the Greatest Book in History inside the best gadget of the modern age.

*** *** ***



(Happy birthday to my brother, Charis, who's celebrating his 27th birthday today. God bless you bro!)

1 comment:

Dave Cutar said...

Awesome bro! I'm downloading a NKJV dramatized audio bible now. It's complete with great music and sound effects. Also some prominent people did the voice overs. It's also divided into each book and not a long play.So you could actually go to a certain chapter and listen to it because it's in mp3 format. It doesn't take up too much space either. It's over 70 hours of audio but only takes up about 1.3 gb.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more. In whatever medium, whether in audio or in print the Bible is still the greatest book of all and we must plant all of its contents in our hearts in whatever way we can.

Nice post!